At GNOMAD Canna Co a Budtender is a customer service representative who works in our Hobbs & Tatum, NM dispensaries. They are responsible for helping customers find the right products for their needs, answering questions about cannabis, and providing general information about the products available.
The job duties of our Budtenders include:
- Assisting customers in selecting the right strains, products and accessories based on their individual needs
- Educating customers about the various strains, products and accessories available at GNOMAD Canna Co dispensaries
- Keeping up-to-date with new products and cannabis-related information
- Operating cash registers and making sure transactions are accurate
- Maintaining accurate records of sales and inventory
- Keeping the dispensaries clean and organized
- Following state and federal laws regarding cannabis sales and possession.
To be a Budtender at GNOMAD Canna Co, daily requirements include:
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of cannabis products, strains and their effects
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must pass a background check
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Excellent computer, written, and communication skills
- Must pass a state and national background check
- Must have reliable transportation
- Bilingual or multilingual skills are a bonus
At GNOMAD Canna Co dispensaries, Budtenders are the backbone of our customer service team and play a vital role in providing an enjoyable and positive experience for our customers. They are dedicated to providing accurate and helpful information to help customers make informed decisions about the products they purchase.
As the cannabis industry continues to grow and evolve, the role of the budtender has become increasingly important. Budtenders are the front-line representatives of dispensaries and are responsible for providing customers with accurate information about cannabis products and helping them to make informed decisions about their purchases. Being a great budtender requires a combination of knowledge, customer service skills, and attention to detail. Here are a few tips on how to be a better budtender.
- Stay informed: One of the most important things a budtender can do is to stay informed about the latest cannabis products, laws, and regulations. This means keeping up to date with new strains, concentrates, edibles, and other products as they become available, as well as understanding the legal and regulatory environment in which dispensaries operate.
- Build your product knowledge: A great budtender should have a deep understanding of the different strains of cannabis, their effects, and usage. It's important to know the different types of cannabis strains, their effects and the best way to use them. It's also helpful to be familiar with other cannabis products such as edibles, concentrates, and tinctures.
- Communicate effectively: A great budtender should have excellent communication and customer service skills. They should be able to establish a positive rapport with customers and provide them with accurate and helpful information about products. This includes active listening, clear explanations, and being able to answer questions in a way that is easy for customers to understand.
- Attention to detail: A great budtender should have strong attention to detail and be able to accurately process transactions and handle cash and card payments. This means being able to keep track of inventory, ensuring that the dispensary is clean and organized, and being able to handle high-pressure situations.
- Compliance: A great budtender should be knowledgeable about state and federal cannabis laws and regulations, and ensure compliance within the dispensary. This means understanding the rules and regulations that dispensaries must follow and being able to ensure that the dispensary is operating in compliance with those rules at all times.
- Be adaptable: A great budtender should be able to adapt to changes and be willing to learn new things. This means being open to new products and ideas, as well as being able to adjust to new rules and regulations as they arise.
- Physical ability: A great budtender should be able to stand for long periods of time and lift heavy items when needed.
- Passion for cannabis: A great budtender should have a genuine interest in cannabis and its benefits, and be passionate about the industry.
- Good attitude: A great budtender should be able to maintain a positive attitude even in high-pressure situations, and show empathy and respect towards customers.
- Continuous learning: A great budtender should be committed to continuous learning and strive to improve their skills, knowledge and expertise in the field.
Being a great budtender requires a combination of knowledge, customer service skills, and attention to detail. By staying informed, building your product knowledge, communicating effectively, paying attention to detail, and being adaptable and passionate about cannabis, you can become a better budtender and provide customers with the best possible experience when they visit your dispensary. Please visit our employee application page